Problem with PROJ support in mapscript

imap at chesapeake.net imap at chesapeake.net
Sun Feb 20 22:04:21 EST 2000

Brent, Gerald Evenden is the author and keeper of PROJ4.
I am re-addressing the email directly to him.

Gerald,

We (mapserver-users group) are writing concerning PROJ4.3.
The variable or structure "UV" has a conflict with PERL
(in perl.h) and Brent Fraser mentioned a conflict with
something in Windows.  We'd like to propose a change
to the "official" PROJ4 source to rename "UV" to
something more unique.  (see notes below)

Also (unrelated PROJ4 issue),  while compiling
PROJ4.3 on a SGI Challenge XL with the SGI compiler, I
get an internal compiler error in biveval.c in the following
function:

        UV /* general entry point selecting evaluation mode */
biveval(UV in, Tseries *T) {
        return (T->power ? bpseval(in, T) : bcheval(in, T));
}

I had to change to the following:

        UV /* general entry point selecting evaluation mode */
biveval(UV in, Tseries *T) {
        if (T->power) {
           return bpseval(in, T);
        } else {
           return bcheval(in, T);
        }
}

This has something to do with the SGI C compiler... I had to make
the change when compiling on the big machines and the workstations
that I am using.  I've compiled PROJ on many different machine and
have never seen that choke with any other compiler.  Not critical,
but something for you to note.

Regards,

Chris Stuber

--