Developing uniform mask

imap at chesapeake.net imap at chesapeake.net
Mon Jan 10 11:46:37 EST 2000

Doug,

To create a logo with screen coordinates, you need to add a layer to
your mapfile... something like:

LAYER
  NAME logo
  TYPE annotation
  STATUS DEFAULT
  DATA "other/logo"
  TRANSFORM OFF
  CLASS
    TEXT " "
    SYMBOL 10
    COLOR 0 0 0
  END
END

I think that you need to put this near the bottom of the mapfile
so that nothing collides with it.

Notice the directive TRANSFORM OFF is the important part here.
SYMBOL 10 in my "marker.sym" looks something like this:

# Symbol 10 - Logo at static position X,Y
Symbol
Type PIXMAP
IMAGE "..\graphics\Logo.gif"
Transparent 15
END

Also, the "logo.shp" layer shapefile has exactly 1 point at the
correct screen X,Y where it needs to be plotted.
I hope that helps.

Chris Stuber (mapsurfer)
Silicon Mapping Solutions, Inc.

--