DOS CR/LF in .MAP and .SYM files

Daniel Morissette danmo at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 5 14:00:04 EDT 2000

Hi,

Is there any way that the MapServer .MAP and .SYM parser could be
modified so that it is not sensitive to the difference between DOS and
Unix linefeeds.

It looks to me like every new MapServer user goes through the following
error message when they try to get MapServer running the first time:

    msLoadSymbolFile(): Unknown identifier. ( ):(0)
or
    msLoadMap(): Unknown identifier. ( ):(5)

and most of the time, it's because MapServer is running on Unix and the
.MAP or .SYM file contains DOS ^M chars... either because the original
file came from Windows, or because a Windows tool was used to extract
the archive and then copy the files to Unix.

I'm not a flex/bison expert, so I don't know if it's easy to fix...
Anyone has ideas?
 Daniel Morissette                       danmo at videotron.ca
              http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/