Some little questions!!

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jul 13 11:45:06 EDT 2000

>>> <aborruso at spaziogis.it> 07/13/00 04:13AM >>>
> Dear users,
> I have for you some little question:

> - Is it possible to point to the label of an object (in example not to apoint) to go toward an URL?

No, you query the GIS data not the map. This is true for the standard CGI application. There
are workarounds. For example, using  MapScript you can post-process the label cache and
use it to answer subsequent queries or create a client side image map. Note that an image
map is not usable with a form <input type="image"...> element.

This is certainly an area that could use some work. Caching the label cache is probably the
best solution.

> - I have a  point layer with   SYMBOLSCALE 200000, MINSIZE 6, MAXSIZE 14
> and I would not that the relate symbol in the legend becomes more or less
> big when I zoom in or out. How can I do?

I believe this is fixed (i.e. legends don't scale) in the new version (out tomorrow!) but I'll
have to check.

> Thank you very much,

> Andrea

Steve