search, marker, label - how?

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon May 8 15:28:46 EDT 2000

Which querymap type are you using? Sounds like the default, HILITE.
You can use SELECTED to draw just the selected features. They are
symbolized as defined in the map file and not using the hilite color.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Marin <marin at here.is> 05/08/00 10:42AM >>>
Hi there,

I have point shape file (places with coordinates) and I would like to
search for place name and after that to draw on the map marker (icon)
with label - I don't want to draw the other places and the other labels
for this shape file - I'd like to draw just the desired place and label
it. How to do it?
QUERYMAP just changes the color of the selected features.
I send a picture - one example of what I need to do.
So any idea how-to?

---
Ma