Mapserv accessing SDE

John Hockaday johnh at erin.gov.au
Tue May 16 20:00:43 EDT 2000

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has been able to access SDE layers using the
mapserv program.  If so could you show me an example of your .map
file and how you get mapserv to point to the SDE layers?

We have our layers on a separate machine inside our firewall.  We have
the SDE client software on the same machine as the mapserv program.  We
already obtain access to the SDE layers via a C program using the SDE
APIs so it should be easy to access the SDE layers using mapserv.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Johnh