[Fwd: Re: problem with configure]

Berend Veldkamp berend.veldkamp at aris.nl
Fri Nov 3 03:14:56 EST 2000

Forgot to send this to mailing list...
Berend

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: problem with configure
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 18:24:12 +0100
From: Berend Veldkamp <berend.veldkamp at aris.nl>
To: "Doyon, Jean-Francois" <Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca>

Yes, RedHat 7.0. Someone at the office solved the problem, it's
somewhere near
lines 3222-3227 of the configure script (ms3.3.011 disribution). Somehow
'cat'
splits one line into multiple lines and sed doesn't like that.

Change:
s%@PHP_CC@%$PHP_CC%g
s%@PHP_LD@%$PHP_LD%g
into:
EOF
echo s%@PHP_CC@%$PHP_CC%g >> $CONFIG_STATUS
echo s%@PHP_LD@%$PHP_LD%g >> $CONFIG_STATUS
cat >> $CONFIG_STATUS <<EOF

The makefiles are created, but not correctly. i.e. it says
CC = -des ...other options...
instead of
CC = gcc -des ...other options...
After correcting this, I get this message:
gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

I give up for now, but I will have a look at this tomorrow.

Berend

"Doyon, Jean-Francois" wrote:

> Hmmmm, I once did, as did another guy in france ...
>
> The problem is, I never figured out HOW I fixed it, the problem just went
> away in my case, as I played with it.
>
> It would be nice to track this down once and for all ... You wouldn't happen
> to be on RedHat would you ?
>
> J.F.

ARIS - Hooghiemstraplein 126 - NL 3514 AZ Utrecht
tel. +31 30 2769180    -    fax. +31 30 2733578