Problems compiling nightly build

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.on.ca
Tue Nov 7 09:15:08 EST 2000

Tim,

There appears to be an intermittent problem with the configure script
that I haven't been able to reproduce myself.  Until it's fixed, there
is a workaround that works for RH users... find the following lines in
the file configure.in:

  AC_MSG_CHECKING([whether 'perl -V' works])
  if  (perl -V > /dev/null 2>&1)  ; then
    AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
    AC_LD_SHARED_FROM_PERL
    PHP_CC="$PERL_CC"
    PHP_LD="$PERL_LD"
  else
    AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
    AC_COMPILER_PIC
    AC_LD_SHARED
    PHP_CC="$CC $C_PIC"
    PHP_LD="$LD_SHARED"
  fi

and remove the first case in the if(), to keep only:

    AC_COMPILER_PIC
    AC_LD_SHARED
    PHP_CC="$CC $C_PIC"
    PHP_LD="$LD_SHARED"

Then run 'autoconf' and re-run configure.
 Daniel Morissette             morissette at dmsolutions.on.ca
               http://www.dmsolutions.on.ca/