Polygons not getting filled ?

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Nov 7 11:09:21 EST 2000

Hello,

I just noticed a strange little something with someof the data I'm using ...
it seems some polygons are not getting filled with the color they should be
! I have no idea why, however. In my case it seems it's mostly coastal
islands and so on ... The polygon is there, and if I query an attrbiute, it
works fine, but it's colored as the background (As if the polygon is being
colored transparent, or not at all, not sure).

I noticed this because I use two seperate layers to fill the colors of the
polygons, and draw the "borders" ... so I started noticing some islands were
having their coast drawn, but they were the color of the background ! At
first I thought maybe the polygon that was supposed ot be thet was missing,
but no, it's there allright, I can even query it !

If I try to force it using CLASSITEM and EXPRESSION, still no go ...

Anybody know what might be causing this ?

Thanks !

Jean-Francois Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca
(613) 992-4902