Newbees question concerning mapping DB-Data

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Nov 13 10:50:39 EST 2000

Feeding in simple features from Oracle should not be tough using MapScript. Note
there is NO support for Oracle Spatial though.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> GeoDataPlan <gdp at geo-it.com> 11/10/00 12:21PM >>>
Mapserver users !

We want to map spatial data which comes not in Shape-Format, but is stored
in an Oracle8i-DB. On the mapserver-homepage we can read something about
Perl s DBI-module, to integrate data from an Oracle-DB.
Where can I find documentation about this module?
Has anybody experience in developping an interface to feed mapserver with
data from an Oracle-DB?

Thank s a lot
and greetings to all from upper Bavaria !!!

Daniel

Daniel Robrecht
GeoDataPlan
Guggenberg. 3