Accessing ArcInfo data (was RE: Just a black image)

Matt.Wilkie Matt.Wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Fri Nov 10 14:19:58 EST 2000

Hi Erich,

Sorry, I don't know what's going on with the black image. Could
it have something to do with transparency?  I do know Mapserver
does not yet support alpha channels in PNG images. Just a
thought.

The real reason I'm writing is because you mentioned using AML:

> It was produced using that AML I wrote in February of this
> year. One thing that I was wondering about, is it a problem
> to have the extent include negative numbers?

Is that ArcInfo AML? If so I'm very interested in how you are
handling the data transfer from Arc to Mapserver. All of our
data is in ArcInfo Libraries and I'm currently trying to
figure out the best way to access it with Mapserver. A one-time
export to shapefiles is no good because then we'd have to
maintain two data repositories (one in native Arc and one in
shape).

Anyway, I'm interested in comparing notes.

-matt