labels and multiple class items

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Nov 21 13:59:34 EST 2000

Good point. I'll make sure this gets added to 3.4 (the next release). Don't
know why I originally coded it that way.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Keith Sibson <ksibson at matrix.net> 11/21/00 11:21AM >>>

For a layer with mutiple classes and a labelitem, labels are shown for
both those classes that have a label object AND those that don't. In the
latter case, a default label object seems to be applied.

I was attempting to implement behaviour whereby a label would be rendered
only if a particular class expression were true. Is there any motivation
behind the use of a default label object? I would have thought that in the
absence of a label object, not rendering a label for that class would be
more appropriate behaviour.

Regards,

Keith.