Utility Questions

Kieran J. Ames kames at keyspanenergy.com
Tue Nov 28 10:09:46 EST 2000

Group,
I have a couple of questions that I hope someone could help me with.

1. I have a utility called shpinfo, but I can't remember where I got it. It is Ver 1.1
07/15/96
It seems to have a problem with long file names and I was wondering if anyone knows of a
more recent version or an easy work-around (before I re-invent the wheel).

2.  I'm trying to make small image files on the fly. I'm also trying not have to maintain
the housekeeping for small only-used-once map files or waste the time with the disk I/O
activity. Can the utility shp2img be called from a script and given command-line
parameters instead of pointing to a map file?

I'm running WINNT 4.0

As usual... thanks to all for any assistance.
Kieran