Utility Questions

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Nov 28 19:04:54 EST 2000

Kieran,

1. Shpinfo is part of the "contrib" directory of shapelib.  I'll send you a
copy of the exe file.  It seems to work with long file names.  (I've used it
on NT 4.0)

2. You can invoke shp2img from a batch file. What scripting language were
you planning to use?  You must give it a map file name but you can over-ride
on the commandline some of the map file settings:

   The syntax is documented as:
        shp2img -m [mapfile] -o [image] -t -l [layers]

  There is also an undocumented option to set the extents from the
commandline:
          -e minx miny maxx maxy

    And an option to substute a different data file for a layer (can be used
multiple times):
            -d <layer name> <data file pathname>

Brent Fraser
bfraser at geoanalytic.com