New mapping application

John Frank jrf at segovia.mit.edu
Tue Nov 28 14:40:04 EST 2000

JF-

Does mapserver use all the RAM?  "100 concurrent clients" means its
working on 100 maps simultaneously, right?  With 100 maps rendering at any
moment, I think that would be about 420MB.

Is your "Quad 400" a four-processor machine with 400MHz Athlons?  Or
something else with a smaller cache?

What is the bottleneck that increases the map delivery speed to 5-7
seconds?  Is it processor limited?

John