[MAPSERV] Fonts and porting from Linux to NT.

Chad Streck chads at adci.com
Tue Apr 17 12:33:24 EDT 2001

I have an application that I developed under Linux/Postgresql using PHP
and Mapscript and I'm now porting it to NT/MSSQL7.  I grabbed the
binaries of php from php.net and the binary dll for PHP_Mapscript from
dmsolutions.  I'm using MSDE for the database server.  PHP appears to be
working well, and Mapscript is giving me an error well after it reads in
the map file.

Now that you know the environment, here is what I'm getting....

*Fatal error*: MapServer Error in msGetLabelSize(): Could not find/open
font in *C:\inetpub\wwwroot\lib/mapscript.php* on line *202*

...where line 202 is a $mapobj->draw().  I believe I changed all the
paths.  I included part of the map file and fonts.list file.  I've
played with the fonts list file to include only single back slashes, no
quotes and relative paths.  This is working fine under Linux.  Do any of
you have an idea of what could be wrong?

Tanks,
Chad Streck

Map file parts..
=========================
map
  extent 263354 548123 967555 1108974
  fontset "C:\InetPub\wwwroot\maps\etc\fontsw.list"
  name "Maricopa County"
  scale 6000000
  shapepath "C:\InetPub\shape"
  size 600 400
  symbolset "C:\InetPub\wwwroot\maps\etc\symbol.sym"
  units feet

  layer
   data "etak\az\county"
   labelitem "feaname"
   minscale 75000
   name "County"
   status default
   type polygon
   class
     color 225 225 225
     outlinecolor 150 150 150
     label
       antialias
       buffer 3
       color 150 150 150
       font "helv"
       mindistance 100
       minfeaturesize 90
       outlinecolor 255 255 255
       position cc
       size 10
       type TRUETYPE
     end
   end
  end

fontsw.list
====================
arialbold               "C:\\InetPub\\wwwroot\\maps\\fonts\\arib____.ttf"
arial                   "C:\\InetPub\\wwwroot\\maps\\fonts\\arir____.ttf"
helvbold                "C:\\InetPub\\wwwroot\\maps\\fonts\\helb____.ttf"
helvbolditalic          "C:\\InetPub\\wwwroot\\maps\\fonts\\helbi___.ttf"
helvitalic              "C:\\InetPub\\wwwroot\\maps\\fonts\\heli____.ttf"
helv                    "C:\\InetPub\\wwwroot\\maps\\fonts\\helr____.ttf"
timesbold               "C:\\InetPub\\wwwroot\\maps\\fonts\\timb____.ttf"
timesbolditalic         "C:\\InetPub\\wwwroot\\maps\\fonts\\timbi___.ttf"
timesitalic             "C:\\InetPub\\wwwroot\\maps\\fonts\\timi____.ttf"
times                   "C:\\InetPub\\wwwroot\\maps\\fonts\\timr____.ttf"