[mapserver-users] mapserver logo

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Apr 25 10:32:54 EDT 2001

I too like the second one. It's a bit to detailed for my taste, but it's getting
close. Tom, can we contract with an artist to get something done? We
have a good designer here that does contract work.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

Andrea Goethals wrote:

> I was thinking about the mapserver logo (need for one) this weekend.
> What seems to set Mapserver apart from the other map servers, other
> than open source, good mailing list, etc. is the speed of it.
> Because the fastest animal on Earth is the cheetah, that might make
> a good subject for a logo. Also, it would let us do a variety of
> logos that just have the same animal on them (similar to the penguin
> for Linux). Also, it would stand out from the rest of the GIS software
> logos which all seem to have globes. What do you all think?

I love the idea!  :)

See attached below 2 sample designs that one of our guys came up with
when he heard about the idea... we can't use those images right now
unless we buy the rights for the base images (only 10$ for unlimited
use)... but hopefully these will spark other artistic ideas.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca