[mapserver-users] True Type font

Yeewen Sat yeewen at divestco.com
Wed Apr 25 12:54:35 EDT 2001

I'm having problem using True Type fonts. I get this "msGetLabelSize():
TrueType Font error. Could not find/open font" error when I define LABEL to
use TYPE TRUETYPE. If I just use the default Bitmap, the labels show up no
problem.

Please help.

I'm running mapserver 4.3 on Linux.

Here's a cut out of the mapfile:
#
# Start of map file
#
NAME SDB
STATUS ON
SIZE 450 450
SYMBOLSET "../symbol/newsym.sym"
FONTSET "/web/sdbdev/packages/dv-mapping/fonts/fonts.list"
EXTENT 10478669.720365 6193732.674832 10521330.299635 6282545.399534
UNITS METERS
SHAPEPATH "../data/ywseis4"
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
#
# Start of web interface definition
#
WEB
  TEMPLATE "../www/java-template2.html"
  MINSCALE 25000
  MAXSCALE 14000000
  IMAGEPATH "../www/tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "/dv-mapping/tmp/"
  LOG "../www/tmp/logfile.log"
END
#
# Start of layer definitions
#
LAYER
  NAME dgridt
  TYPE ANNOTATION
  STATUS DEFAULT
  DATA dgridt
  CLASSITEM 'ID'
  MAXSCALE 750000
  LABELITEM "TEXT"
  LABELMAXSCALE 750000
  SYMBOLSCALE 200000
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION /./
    LABEL
      COLOR 0 0 0
      TYPE TRUETYPE
      FONT arial
      FORCE true
      SIZE 10
      ANGLE 405.000000
      POSITION lc
      MAXSIZE 24
      MINSIZE 4
    END
  END
END

The fonts.list file looks like this:
arial                           arial.ttf
arial-bold                      arialbd.ttf
arial-italic                    ariali.ttf
arial-bold-italic               arialbi.ttf
arial_black                     ariblk.ttf
comic_sans                      comic.ttf
comic_sans-bold                 comicbd.ttf
courier                         cour.ttf
courier-bold                    courbd.ttf
courier-italic                  couri.ttf
courier-bold-italic             courbi.ttf
georgia                         georgia.ttf
georgia-bold                    georgiab.ttf
georgia-italic                  georgiai.ttf
georgia-bold-italic             georgiaz.ttf
impact                          impact.ttf
monotype.com                    monotype.ttf
recreation_symbols              recreate.ttf
times                           times.ttf
times-bold                      timesbd.ttf
times-italic                    timesi.ttf
times-bold-italic               timesbi.ttf
trebuchet_ms                    trebuc.ttf
trebuchet_ms-bold               trebucbd.ttf
trebuchet_ms-italic             trebucit.ttf
trebuchet_ms-bold-italic        trebucbi.ttf
verdana                         verdana.ttf
verdana-bold                    verdanab.ttf
verdana-italic                  verdanai.ttf
verdana-bold-italic             verdanaz.ttf

Please help.
Thanks.