[mapserver-users] Australian MapServer Users Listing

Shaun Kolomeitz S.Kolomeitz at toowoomba.qld.gov.au
Thu Aug 2 20:08:38 EDT 2001

Appologies to the folk in the rest of the world.

I am interested in getting email addresses of MapServer users, physical
location and web address (of Mapserver Sites) around Australia. I am
interested in the following info -

1) email address (eg fred at nurk.com.au)
2) Location(eg Toowoomba, QLD)
3) Web Address (eg.http://mygreatpapserver.com.au/Maps)
4) If you are just interested in hearing what people have done/are doing
with MapServer
5) If you have installed, setup and developed MapServer products
6) What sort of problem did you solve/is the application for ? How long
did it take and what resources were involved ?
7) If you provide MapServer consulting and training services
8) What you think of the experience of a) Installing Mapserver b)
Developing mapserver and c) using mapserver websites

The reason being, we are interested in developing our own local MapServer
app, so some local contacts/experience would be invaluable. If anyone
feels confident enough to provide training in setting up and developing
with MapServer (and related products) in Australia I'd also like to know.
Who knows, you might score a trip to the fabulous Darling Downs !

The second reason is once we get some experience using and developing
MapServer products we'd like to partake in an Australian MapServer Users
Group {A-MUG !} (much like the recent thread suggesting a meeting in the
States) sharing our experiences with peers.

Please email me directly and I will disribute to the rest of the group.
I'd love to hear from you.

Regards,
Shaun

Shaun Kolomeitz
eBusiness Manager, Toowoomba City Council
Voice: +61 (0)7 4688 6863
Fax: +61 (0)7 4638 3830
PO Box 3021 Toowoomba Queensland 4350 Australia

This email message (and any accompanying file attachments) may contain
confidential or privileged information and is intended for the sole use of
the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or
the person responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient, please notify Toowoomba City Council immediately and destroy
any copies of the original message.
Any unauthorised review, use, alteration, disclosure or distribution of
this email (including any attachments) by an unintended recipient is
prohibited.
While all care is taken, Council cannot guarantee that this email message
(and any accompanying file attachments) are free of viruses.
The Council accepts no responsibility for the content of any email which
is sent by an employee which is of a personal nature or which represents
the personal view of the sender.