[mapserver-users] Australian MapServer Users Listing

Hockaday, John JohnHockaday at auslig.gov.au
Fri Aug 3 03:19:14 EDT 2001

Hi Saun,

Here are some answers to your questions:
1. johnhockaday at auslig.gov.au
2. Canberra ACT
3. http://www.auslig.gov.au/servlet/asdd_power (just click on the green and
yellow map of Australia to fire up mapserver.)  We are about to use it for
many other interfaces.
4. Yes I'm interested in what people have done.
5. Yes we set it up ourselves with support from this list.
6. Understanding the map file structure, getting some javascript to drag a
box on the image.
7. No we are a commonwealth agency and can't afford to consult. ;--)
8. Mapserver is:
	a. easy to install
	b. documentation is limited but after understanding the map files
setup was easy.
	c. very fast at the web sites that I have looked at.

I hope that this helps.

John Hockaday