[mapserver-users] Mapplet problem - first time user (FWD)

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Fri Aug 3 10:30:47 EDT 2001

From: "robert brown" <robbrown99 at hotmail.com>
To: mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: Mapplet problem - first time user
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:48:18 +0000

Hello all,

I am trying to get the Mapplet working and have followed the 'How
To' page. However, when I initialise the template file, the user
interface appears and I
think the applet gets accessed (there are no messages saying that
it is not being accessed), but I get this message in the browser
message bar:

exception: com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx [mapplet.init]:
cannot access "(my_host_name)": 80

I  checked the access settings (I am using PWS on Windows '98),
and the folder I have the mapplet.class in is accessible. Does
the mapplet work with
PWS, or only on a 'real' web server? I would be very grateful for
any suggestions on this problem. Thanks for your time.

Rob Brown