[mapserver-users] PHP Mapscript: dl() errors

Chris Barber barberc at msu.edu
Tue Aug 7 13:38:53 EDT 2001

While folks are discussing PHP errors, I've been getting errors in my
system log that I'm unsure if they're being generated due to a problem w/
PHP Mapscript -or- my PHP installation. If it's my installation, maybe
someone can point me in the right direction, please.

The SYSLOG error:
unix: |$(0x6dd)ALERT: Process [httpd] 1367543 generated trap, but has signal 11
held or ignored
unix:         epc 0xc35d2ac ra 0xfb60630 badvaddr 0xc35d2ac
unix: Process has been killed to prevent infinite loop

Error appears each time php_mapscript is loaded via dl(), but the running
script completes w/o problem. When php_mapscript is loaded via 'php.ini'
-- same error in logs and Apache fails to start. As long as dl() is used,
everything seems to work ok, but I'm concerned about taking a performance
hit from the error.

OS: IRIX 6.5.11m
Web Server: Apache 1.3.20
PHP: 4.0.6 (as module)
MapServer: 3.5, nightly from 2001-07-31
Configure options: (paths truncated)
   --with-gd (1.8.4) --with-sde (v.80) --with-php --with-apxs

Thanks,
Chris Barber

Christopher P. Barber
Basic Science & Remote Sensing Initiative
Dept. of Geography, Michigan State Univ.
http://bsrsi.msu.edu

Rm. 210 Manly Miles Bldg.
1405 S. Harrison Road
East Lansing, MI 48823-5243