[mapserver-users] PHP ZoomPoint

Vinko Vrsalovic B. v at w.cl
Thu Aug 9 19:51:26 EDT 2001

> When I echo the extent minx, etc. it gives reasonable coordinates for the map extent (1800193, 825044, 2115496, 542882), however, after this code executes and I echo the new extent, I get good values for some of the coordinates but not others (1877442.235, -78702.92, 2035093.735, 78702.92).  Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong and why the negative values show up?  Thanks.

have you echoed the mainmap_x, mainmap_y variables to assure they're
correct? (maybe you've mistyped the img name in the HTML file)

is the shape projected?

I had a similar problem with a shape with geographic coords, and the problem
turned out to be a missing PROJECTION section on the LAYER section in
the map file (it's not enough to declare the projection outside the layers)

The size of the image is really 600x600, you may try with $map->width,
$map->height instead of the fixed numbers.

--
V. <v at w.cl>