[mapserver-users] PHP ZoomPoint

Assefa Yewondwossen assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Aug 9 19:57:49 EDT 2001

Hi There,

 I am not sure that I know waht would be the problem. If you send me your map file with one layer data, I can look at it early next week.

 Some thoughts : the zoompoint functionnality is affected by the parameters MINSCALE and MAXSCALE (in the Web oblect). If tou have set these parameters please remove them and do the same tests.

 Best Regards,

ANDREW WOOLEY wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I am getting what seems to me to be strange results on my zoompoint method.  I feel like I have followed the docs pretty closely and have even tried an example that I found in the email archives, but still have yet to get a useable result.
>
> I am using MapScript Version (Aug 1, 2001), a nightly build and when executing the code:
>
> $ptClicked = ms_newPointObj();
> $ptClicked->setXY($mainmap_x,$mainmap_y);
>
> $extent = ms_newRectObj();
> $extent->setextent($map->extent->minx, $map->extent->miny, $map->extent->maxx, $map->extent->maxy);
>
> $map->zoompoint(2, $ptClicked, 600, 600, $extent);
>
> When I echo the extent minx, etc. it gives reasonable coordinates for the map extent (1800193, 825044, 2115496, 542882), however, after this code executes and I echo the new extent, I get good values for some of the coordinates but not others (1877442.235, -78702.92, 2035093.735, 78702.92).  Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong and why the negative values show up?  Thanks.
>
> Andrew Wooley
> GIS Operations Manager
> Mountainland Association of Governments
> Orem, UT