[mapserver-users] FW: Need direction for enhancing Mapserver

Rob Atkinson rob at socialchange.net.au
Thu Aug 9 22:14:56 EDT 2001

You need a "gazetteer service" - do you build it internally (stovepipe) or do you link to network
addressable services. I'm working up a spec for the OpenGIS consortium for this service, and looking
for sponsors for an implementation pilot.

Q: Do want you implement mapserver as a gazetteer (possible) or link to other database services
(more likely)?

Regards

Rob Atkinson