[mapserver-users] More php/mapscript problems under solaris 2.6

Andries J. Algera aalgera at ibama.gov.br
Tue Aug 21 16:24:15 EDT 2001

I have the following piece of code:

// Open map object
$map = ms_newMapObj("../webmap.map");

// Get the theme descriptions
for ( $i=0 ; $i < $map->numlayers; $i++ ) {
    $l=$map->getLayer($i);
    $tema[$l->group] = $l->getMetadata("title");
}

When the parser tries to run the line $l=$map->getLayer($i) with $ > 0, I
get the following error:

Fatal error: Object has an invalid _handle_ property in
/home/httpd/webmap/html/webmap.php on line 60

This same piece of code works perfectly fine on my linux server, so I
guess it has something to do with the Solaris version.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Andries Algera
CSR - IBAMA
SAIN L4, Lote 4, Ed. IBAMA Sede
70800.200  Brasilia / DF