[mapserver-users] newbie problems

Drew drish at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 23 22:50:12 EDT 2001

Ok, I'm still dealing with 4 basic problems:

1. the bounding box on the reference map is showing up in the wrong place
2. I can't figure out how to get GPS coordinates displayed to the user by
clicking the map
3. I can't figure out how to plot sites on the map based on GPS coordinates
4. The labels in my point layer show up as dots (when I have the layer on),
I was told there's a problem with DGN to SHP conversion

With problem 1, I tried using ogrinfo on my tileindex file to get the
extents, and that was off, I also tried using an updated tile4ms.c which got
the extents of each tile, and figured out the overall extents, but that one
put the bounding box off the map. I tried changing the UNITS to every
possible type, didn't work either.

In problem 2, I'm not really sure where to start. My data is DGN converted
to Shapefiles, and I'm not sure if they contain any GPS info, and if they
do, what type. I now have access to request custom data types from the
supplier for the same area, would it be easier if the data was in a certain
format? If so, what would be ideal, and what exactly would I ask for?

I think problem 3 relies on fixing problem 2.

Problem 4 could be solved if I had an ideal data type, again, what exactly
would I ask for?

here's a URL of what I have so far
http://melbwireless.dyndns.org/~drew/dev/itasca/test.html
here's my .map file http://melbwireless.dyndns.org/~drew/dev/itasca/demo.map