[mapserver-users] XML Metadata management

Lyndon Zimmermann lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Aug 29 21:11:52 EDT 2001

Greetings all,
One of the great joys of any GIS project is, of course, preparing and
delivering the metadata.  The national co-ordinators of the metadata
project here in Oz have decided on an XML format and provided tools for
generating data in this format.

The concept is great, but I'm now trying to work out how to deliver this
metadata.  Can anyone give me quick rundown on how this works?  I think
it's a template read by your favourite browser that allows you to select
your metadata XML file, then delivers it in accordance with the
template.  Or is it driven by some server application?

Lyndon Z

--
Lyndon Zimmermann
BE (Mech Adelaide) Grad Dip Bus Admin (UniSA)

"Bioenergy Atlas for Australia" Co-ordinator
University of Adelaide Agronomy and Farming Systems
C/- GISCA, 4th floor, 10 Pulteney St, Adelaide 5005
Dir (GISCA) +61-8-8303 3975 Switch (GISCA) 8303 3900 Mob 0414 91 4577
Fax (GISCA) +61-8-8303 3498 email lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au
http://sg211.gisca.adelaide.edu.au/lzimmerm/zimm.htm

Biomass Energy Atlas Website:
http://sg211.gisca.adelaide.edu.au/bioenergy_atlas/html/atlas_index.html

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this message and attachments may
be forwarded or quoted, with due acknowledgement.  No representation is
made that this email is free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended
and is the responsibility of the recipient.