[mapserver-users] Problem with layer name?

Zhou Xu zhox at yeah.net
Thu Aug 30 20:19:18 EDT 2001

I think this is the problem:

"Short name for this layer. Limit is 20 characters. This name is the link between the mapfile and web interfaces that refer to this name. They must be identical. The name should be unique, unless one layer replaces another at different scales."

These words come from http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc/mapfile-reference.html#layer,which describes the Name property of Layer.

On 2001-8-30 13:08:00, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I've got the following layer definition that will not load:
>
>LAYER
> NAME "03D_GreensBayouPlant-WhiteOakSub_tl_structure_NE"
> TYPE POINT
> STATUS ON
> TOLERANCE 10
> DATA "03D_GreensBayouPlant-WhiteOakSub_tl_structure_NE"
> LABELITEM 'STRUCTUREI'
> CLASS
>  name "03D_GreensBayouPlant-WhiteOakSub_tl_structure_NE"
>  COLOR 255 255 13
>  SIZE 10
>  SYMBOL 'triangle'
> END #CLASS
> HEADER = "queries/poles_header.htm"
> QUERY
>  TEMPLATE "queries/poles.htm"
> END #QUERY
>END #LAYER
>
>I read that any non-alphanumeric characters have to be encased in single
>or double quotes; am I missing something above?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mark
>
>--
>Mark Giesbrecht, M.Sc.
>GIS Programmer/Analyst
>GeoArctic International Services Ltd.
>mgiesbrecht at geoarctic.com http://www.geoarctic.com
>phone: (403) 290-1320  fax:  (403) 264-5848

ZiZhuYuan BaishengCun No.1
NGCC
Post Code, 100044
Beijing, China