[mapserver-users] php-mapscript is ok but new proj4 problem

Bruno Gendron bruno_gendron at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 15:09:56 EDT 2001

Hi again,

Sorry, I have found the problem... so simple: the gd
lib against which Mapserver was built had not been
configured with JPEG support (libjpeg). Sorry again
for this.

BUT....

Is there a limit in the size of the data (number of
objects) that can be reprojected with PROJ4?

I have a very simple test mapfile with 2 layers, one
is a polyline shapefile containing a gridline made of
5200 straight lines for a size of 500 k, the other is
a polygon shapefile with around 250 polygons with a
size of 6.5 megabytes. These files are in degrees, and
i'm using an Eckert2 projection...

When completely zoomed-out, I get an error (no map
displayed at all); when I zoom-in past a certain zoom
level, everything's fine. If I set the gridline layer
off, no problem at any zoom level... Looks to me like
a limit in the number of objects PROJ4 is able to
handle at once...

Sure, I could set the scale threshold of this gridline
layer to eliminate the problem, but...

Any advice??

--
Bruno Gendron