database access - Progress

Matthias Schulz schulz at gaf.de
Fri Jan 5 03:45:06 EST 2001

Does anyone have experience with using a Progress database for the
attributes besides the geometries stored in shape files? I am thinking
of using MapScript and the Perl DBD::ODBC module in combination with
some kind of ODBC driver (Merant?) to join the attributes of the
Progress database to the shapes. If someone has experience, which ODBC
driver do you use and are there other Perl modules, which I could use?
Is the general approach correct?

Thanks a lot,

Matthias

--
Matthias Schulz
GAF mbH   Arnulfstr. 197   80634 Muenchen   Germany