Access map-file via php/mapscript

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Fri Jan 5 05:44:20 EST 2001

Dear List!

We are using MapServer/PHP-Mapscript under Linux. A few days ago I
downloaded the MapServer-Win-Binaries and the newest
PHP4-MapScript-DLL's and installed them on a Win98-Labtop with Apache as
webserver.

Under win MapScript shows up as an extension in the php_info-page.
Everything's fine so far... but I am not able to access any map-file!

Under linux I did:
$map = ms_newMapObj("/home/schulzm/mapserver/fr/fr.map");
everything worked fine. Under win I changed it into
$map = ms_newMapObj("c:\programme\mapserver\fr\fr.map");
causing PHP to crash. I tried to use relative pathnames and started the
php-script from the directory where fr.map resides:
$map = ms_newMapObj("fr.map");
then i get a Mapscript error: 'MapServer Error in msLoadMap(): (fr.map)
in c:\programme\mapserver\fr\ms_fr.php on line 10'.

Hmm? Could anyone give me a useful hint on this newbie problem? TIA

Michael

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                Informationstechnologie mbH
                             Sautierstr. 38, 79104 Freiburg
                                     0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)
mschulz at webgis.de                             www.webgis.de