Compiling MapServer on SuSE 7.0

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Tue Jan 9 02:32:49 EST 2001

Hi Nicol, Stephen,

* Stephen Lime (steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us) [010108 19:43]:
> The yacc parser probably won't work with the mapserver grammar.
> You should've recieved
> a mapparser.c file in a regular or nightly distribution.
> Was it missing or did you download directly
> from the CVS? In any case get and install bison and flex
> (available many places) and you should
> be in good shape.
>
> Steve

> yacc -p msyy -d -omapparser.c mapparser.y
> usage: yacc [-dlrtv] [-b file_prefix] [-p symbol_prefix] filename
> make: *** [mapparser.c] Error 1

As I read the error message and the yacc-manpage the problem seems that
yacc can not handle the -o option ?! By default yacc would generate
something like y.mapparser.c

Nicol, since bison is also in the SuSE 7.0 distribution you should
install the package. If the error still occurs, check the
variable YACC in the top makefile and set it to "bison -y" if necessary.

Regards,

    Frank

--
Frank Koormann                              http://intevation.net/~frank/