[mapserver-users] some problems

Sabine Ackermann ackermann_s at gmx.de
Mon Jun 11 06:02:00 EDT 2001

Hi everybody!

Actually, I`ve got two problems with the configuration of mapserver. And I really hope, that anybody in this list can help me.

1. I've got several layers to display (polygone, line and point). When I activate one of my line layers, it is diplayed correctly on the map. But when I press teh refrsh-button for the second time (or click directly in the map) it is not still activated and therefor not diplayed. How can I change this? My confic file looks like this:

LAYER
  NAME tram
  TYPE line
  STATUS ON
  DATA tram

  CLASS
    NAME "Tram"
    COLOR 200 0 0
  END
END # tram

2. My second prpblem is how I can use the function, too draw a marker symbol (gif) at the place of a lable point. I've got a point layer (sbahn-station) and a gif-file with the station-symbol. I put the gif-file in the images-file ind the symbol-file. The I addes the follwing code to symbols.sym:

Symbol
  Name 'sbahn_station'
  Type PIXMAP
  Image 'images/sbahn_station.gif'
END

The code in the config-file looks like this:

LAYER
  NAME sbahn_station
  TYPE ANNOTATION
  STATUS default
  LABELITEM "sbahn_station"
  DATA sbahn_station
  CLASS
    SYMBOL 'sbahn_station'
    COLOR 50 80 50
  END
END # sbahn_station

But I always get the following error:     msFindRecords(): DBASE file error. Item sbahn_station not found.

Actually I really don't know waht to do. I guess that there are some problems with my symbols.sym file. I had to make some changes whe I had to make one file of the markerset.sym, lineset.sym and shadeset.sym (I use version 3.4). I've sent my symbolset.sym at the end of this mail.

Thank you very much for helping me.

Lots of greeting!

Sabine Ackermann                            mailto:ackermann_s at gmx.de

Symbols.sym: