[mapserver-users] Thematic Legend, Name / Label?

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jun 21 13:36:35 EDT 2001

You can play with leading spaces and so on but in general no. The MapServer legend builder
is far from sophisticated. There are workarounds though. For example you can build layer specific
legends in something like photoshop and then us the LAYER DESCRIPTION parameter to display
them if the layer is on. I tend to use this method these days because the quality if so much better.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Hankley, Chip" <Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com> 06/19/01 02:07PM >>>
I have an application that has two thematic layers (plant communities). I
want my legend to look something like this (when both layers are on):

Historic Vegetation
  cattail
  marsh
  willows
Current Vegetation
  grass
  trees
  weeds

I can get the thematic legend to draw, however, there is no "first order
grouping"... i.e. all I can get to print in my legend is:

  cattail
  marsh
  willows
  grass
  trees
  weeds

Is it possible to specify a heading in the legend for a particular theme?

Thanks!

Chip Hankley