[mapserver-users] Transparent Background w/ PHP?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 21 16:13:57 EDT 2001

"Hankley, Chip" wrote:

> TRANSPARENT ON
>
> If I call up the mapfile w/out using MapScript (i.e. the traditional "out of
> the box" template file, etc), it works, the image is transparent. But when I
> use it in a PHP / MapScript application , there is no tranparency. Any
> ideas?

When using MapScript to render the map, the saveImage and saveWebImage
calls take a transparency argument that has priority over the mapfile
setting.  See the saveImage() and saveWebImage() functions in the
imageObj class docs at
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/php_mapscript/php_mapscript_docs.html

And to use the transparency value from the mapfile, you can use
something like this:

  $url = $image->saveWebImage($map->transparent, $map->interlace);

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca