[mapserver-users] Dummy layer setup (fwd)

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Thu Jun 28 15:19:52 EDT 2001

Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:09:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Lowell Filak <lfilak at yahoo.com>
Subject: Dummy layer setup
To: mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu

Greetings;

Stop me if you've heard this one (and direct me to the
correct previous message in the list, because I can't
seem to find it).
How do you create a "dummy" layer in a mapfile?
If I create:
LAYER
  NAME tile1
  DATA "maps/tile_1/parcelp"
END

and then later in mapscript do:
$layer->{data} = "maps/tile_2/parcelp"
$qry = $layer->queryUsingPoint($map,$pnt,MS_SINGLE,0);

then $qry comes back as null. However any time that
$layer->{data} = "maps/tile_1/parcelp", $qry comes
back with a good value.
I assume it is because I have not set the "DATA" path
in the map file to a generic value that can be
replaced on-the-fly but...
Thanks.

Lowell

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/