[mapserver-users] Find Nearest ?

keith keef_keef at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 17 14:24:11 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have installed Mapserver 3.6 Windows version and have managed to get the demo map working but before i start trying to put my own maps into the application can someone tell me if it's possible to do a search by zip code (post-code in UK) to search for points on the map.

The reason i need to this is that i am trying to developing a web service that will allow users to enter their post-code and search for Doctors, Hospitals etc based on a search radius from their home post-code. I know this is possible using MapXtream but would like to find a cheaper / free product.

Thanks

Keith.