Open Source GIS Index

Matt.Wilkie Matt.Wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Mar 28 12:33:34 EST 2001

> Since getting bitten by the open source bug a couple years
> ago i've been  building a list of URLs to such GIS software
> efforts.  I have found this  list handy and finally organized
> it and put it out there:  http://opensourcegis.org

Thanks Ben, I hadn't discovered this one yet. Is there something
you do, or plan to, which is appreciably different from FreeGIS.org?
Just wondering if I should of this as a mirror of sorts or a
project which only looks that way because it is still embryonic.

> I believe a number of you run projects mentioned here. If you
> see good ones  missing or would like your project to read
> differently please email me.  I  tried to take descriptive text
> from the projects themselves.  Didn't always know the license tho...

-BLM GIS Utilities is public domain
-dbf2info is public domain.

-FIASCO is no more. :(
"3/5/2001: Since my Ph.D. supervisor claims copyright of some parts of the
FIASCO source code, I removed all sources and binaries. The sources are not
under the GPL anymore, until the situation is clear. Moreover, do not use
the already distributed code. Thanks for you co-operation. "

-matt