Open Source GIS Index

Ben Lewis benlewis1 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 28 21:50:24 EST 2001

Thanks Matt, I will make those changes.

The site is embryonic - one thing this will be eventually is a very
comprehensive index which didn't seem to be out there.  Freegis.org is a
great site, but didn't meet my personal needs.  As a consultant trying to
make the case for open source GIS tools to people who only know ESRI or
Erdas or Intergraph or AutoCAD, I wanted a site that is a bit gonzo in
completeness and casts the net broadly in terms of what constitutes relevant
software, focuses on software, and is easy to look stuff up on. At least
that's the idea...

- Ben