[mapserver-users] HELP shp2img showing wrong x,y

David Armstrong david.armstrong at ntlworld.com
Sun May 20 14:55:18 EDT 2001

HI List,

I am looking at producing a reference image of my tiled index shapefile
using shp2img, the maps show correctly within mapserver perfectly.
however the produced image is as i can see somehow reversed :-
the correct line extent is
EXTENT 399962.5 500012.5 499987.5 600037.5

the correct min-x (left edge) of the map becomes the top
the correct min-y (bottom edge) of the map becomes the right
the correct max-x(right edge ) of the map becomes the bottom
the correct max-y ( top edge) of the map becomes the left

as i can see it if you take a diagonal line from the top left to bottom
right and rotate along this line it would then be correct

Any idea's as to where I am wrong, as the map file must be correct as the
map shows correctly within mapserver
the gif here shows the problem also the small part of the map should be at
the bottom

http://www.adfv93.ukgateway.net/hpool.gif

the map file & shp files are also here
http://www.adfv93.ukgateway.net/