Problems with java-interface

Stefan Hermesmann hermesmann at jobpilot.de
Fri Nov 2 04:29:41 EST 2001

Hi,

we try to implement the Mapserver into our system using ATG Dynamo.
We are using your latest version of mapserver and the SWIG 1.3.9 as we
listened, that it supports better the java implementation.
Our current system is based on SunSolaris.
The problem which occurs during the generating process is a gcc-compiler
error as shown down here.
The generation of the java classes with SWIG works fine.Then we try to
compile the mapscript_wrap.c file with gcc and the needed libraries to
create the libmapscript.so.

This is the statement for gcc :
gcc -shared -o libmapscript.so -I<path to jdk> -I<path to folder gd-1.2>
mapscript_wrap.c libmap.a libgd.a

The error we get :

mapscript_wrap.c: In function `_SWIG_exception':
mapscript_wrap.c:85: warning: implicit declaration of function
`ExceptionClear'
mapscript_wrap.c:86: warning: implicit declaration of function `FindClass'
mapscript_wrap.c:86: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast
mapscript_wrap.c:89: warning: implicit declaration of function `ThrowNew'
mapscript_wrap.c: At top level:
mapscript_wrap.c:42: warning: `_SWIG_exception' defined but not used
Text relocation remains                         referenced
    against symbol                  offset      in file
<unknown>                           0xc648      /var/tmp/ccbe3iG9.o
<unknown>                           0xc644      /var/tmp/ccbe3iG9.o
<unknown>                           0xc678      /var/tmp/ccbe3iG9.o
<unknown>                           0xc67c      /var/tmp/ccbe3iG9.o
<unknown>                           0x3c        /var/tmp/ccbe3iG9.o

It seems to us, that there is any library information missing but we didn't
find out yet which one it is.

Do you maybe see any mistake in our process or do you have any suggestion. ?

Thanks a lot so far

regards

Stefan Hermesmann | Product Development

mailto: hermesmann at jobpilot.de
Tel: + 49.6172.919-438 Fax: + 49.6172.919-546
www.jobpilot.de www.jobpilot.com
Europe´s career market on the internet
jobpilot AG Siemensstraße 15-17 D-61352 Bad Homburg

Frankfurt * Muenchen * Amsterdam * Bangkok * Barcelona * Bruessel
Budapest * Goeteborg * Kopenhagen * Kuala Lumpur * London
Mailand * Oslo * Paris * Prag * Singapur * Warschau * Wien * Zuerich