[mapserver-users] Freetype 1 or Freetype 2 on Redhat 7.2?

Jim Palma jpalma at donahue.umassp.edu
Mon Nov 5 12:17:06 EST 2001

When trying to compile Mapserver 3.3.011 on a RedHat 7.2 system with
Freetype 2.0.3-7, configure could not find freetype.h.  I searched my
system and found that I have two freetype.h files, one in
/usr/include/freetype/freetype1 and one in
/usr/include/freetype/freetype2.  This was confusing, so I visited the
freetype web site and found that they distribute what seems like two
versions of freetype, 1 and 2.  So, which one do I use?  And how do I
get configure to look there?
Thanks,
Jim