[mapserver-users] Full Color GD

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Nov 8 19:02:27 EST 2001

What is the development plan w/ respect to GD2 and 24-bit color? The
restriction to 8-bit color seems pretty onerous when it comes to
presenting imagery within Mapserver. (I just finished knocking a 24bit
satimage down to 8bit, and it is not nearly so pretty now.) Are the
technical problems mostly restricted to the API changes in gd2 and the
resulting requirement to touch alot of the mapserver core code, or are
there some other hidden issues I am unaware of?

--
      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey