[mapserver-users] Compiling gd with freetype2 on Solaris 2.6

Hockaday, John JohnHockaday at auslig.gov.au
Tue Nov 13 23:16:55 EST 2001

John,

First of all thanks for replying.

Yes I did have a "2" in the ./configure statement.  It just made a transpose
mistake while putting it into my initial email.

I have had some success by using the gd-1.8.4gif.tar.gz version located at
"Albatross Consulting" site URL:
http://www.rhyme.com.au/gd/
and editing the Makefile to include the path to the freetype2 include files.
IE. /usr/local/include/freetype2 (note the "2" this time)  ;--)

This seems to have worked however after I compile mapserver I get the
following error when I run mapserv:

"$ ./mapserv
ld.so.1: ./mapserv: fatal: libfreetype.so.6: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed"

The /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.6 file exists.

I've tried adding lots of configuration options to the configure script.
ie.

./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/ --exec-prefix=/usr/local --with-freetype
--with-proj --with-gd=/usr/local --with-zlib --with-wmsclient

Anyone know what is happening?

Thanks.

John

Thanks for your help.