[mapserver-users] QUERYONLY?

Fawcett, David david.fawcett at moea.state.mn.us
Wed Nov 14 18:23:55 EST 2001

Regina,

	I don't believe that the getSymbol() error that you are receiving is related to Vinko's error below.

	You are getting an error because the syntax for the SYMBOL object has changed. Look at line 96 of your map file:

	#This is the old syntax
	SYMBOL
	   NAME  'circle'
	   TYPE  ELLIPSE
	   POINTS  1 1 END
	   FILLED
	END

      #This is the new syntax
	SYMBOL
	   NAME  'circle'
	   TYPE  ELLIPSE
	   POINTS  1 1 END
	   FILLED = TRUE                    #You need to add '= TRUE'  to this line
     END

Once you make this change, you will most likely get an error in line 137 related to the layer type polyline.  You can find a previous post from Steve Lime regarding these changes at:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/majordom_lists/archives/mapserver-users/html/0110/msg00374.html

I was just in the process of writing up a list of needed revisions for the 3.5 Demo for Steve.

David.

David J. Fawcett
GIS / Databases

MN Office of Environmental Assistance