[mapserver-users] symbol size limit?

Jensen, Hannah ERDC-CRREL-NH Hannah.Jensen at erdc.usace.army.mil
Tue Nov 20 13:23:59 EST 2001

Hi, all.  I'm trying to change the size of a symbol by changing the map file
parameter via the URL.  It seems to work up to a certain size, but not
beyond it.  It looks as if the limit is around 100 pixels.  Is there a
symbol size limit in MapServer?

Maybe there's a better way to do what I'm trying to do.  I want to draw a 3
mile radius circle around a point.  I'm calculating the appropriate symbol
size based on the map scale right now, but am open to other suggestions.  I
saw a few posts on this topic regarding the use of layer type circle, but I
couldn't get it to work.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Cheers,
Hannah

Hannah Jensen
(603) 646-4145
Remote Sensing / GIS Center
Cold Regions Research and Engineering Lab (CRREL)
US Army Corps of Engineers
72 Lyme Rd, Hanover, NH 03755-1290