[mapserver-users] mapscript annotation map layer

Ballard,Lowell LBallard at YesVirginia.org
Wed Oct 3 13:15:34 EDT 2001

I'm trying to use an existing .map file I had working in MS3.5 cgi-version
porting it over to a Mapscript/php version.

Below are 2 roads layers, one TYPE LINE and one TYPE ANNOTATION.  If I turn
the ANNOTATION layer to STATUS OFF it will never display even when the Roads
Layer is selected on the user interface.  If I set the ANNOTATION layer
STATUS ON it will always display regardless of it's CHECKED/UNCHECKED status
on the interface.  I'm new to Mapscript and just working on hacking up the
demo so....sorta lost.

LAYER
  NAME roads
  STATUS OFF
  DATA vdotrd
  TYPE LINE
  MAXSCALE 50000
  LABELMAXSCALE 30000
  LABELITEM "route_name"
  HEADER roads_header.html
  SYMBOLSCALE 30000
  CLASS
    NAME "VDOT Roads"
    COLOR 200 36 43
    TEMPLATE roads.html
  END
END # roads

LAYER
  NAME roads
  MAXSCALE 50000
  STATUS ON
  DATA vdotrd
  TYPE ANNOTATION
  LABELITEM "route"
  CLASSITEM "ROAD_TYPE"
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION "1"
    COLOR 0 0 0
    SYMBOL 'symbols/images/interstate.png'
    LABEL
      SIZE 2
      MINFEATURESIZE 40
      MINDISTANCE 150
      POSITION CC
      SIZE TINY
      COLOR 255 255 255
    END
  END
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION "2"
    COLOR 0 0 0 # dummy color
    SYMBOL 'symbols/images/ushwy.png'
    LABEL
      MINFEATURESIZE 50
      MINDISTANCE 150
      POSITION CC
      SIZE TINY
      COLOR 0 0 0
    END
  END
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION "3"
    COLOR 0 0 0 # dummy color
    SYMBOL 'symbols/images/sthwy.png'
    LABEL
      MINFEATURESIZE 50
      MINDISTANCE 150
      POSITION CC
      SIZE TINY
      COLOR 0 0 0
    END
  END
  CLASS
    EXPRESSION "4"
    COLOR 0 0 0 # dummy color
    SYMBOL 'symbols/images/ctyhwy.png'
    LABEL
      MINFEATURESIZE 50
      MINDISTANCE 150
      POSITION CC
      SIZE 6
      TYPE TRUETYPE
      FONT arial
      ANTIALIAS
      COLOR 0 0 0
    END
  END
END

Lowell Ballard
Unix/Database Administrator
Virginia Economic Development Partnership
901 E. Byrd St., Richmond, Va. 23218
http://gis.vedp.org