[mapserver-users] Mapscript / Projection Question

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Oct 10 14:12:42 EDT 2001

OK, to start with, I have a map file with a default planar projection.

$map->{extent}->{minx} gives me a nice planar value : 167053

I do a $map->setProjection("init=epgs:4269") where EPSG 4269 is a
lat/lon projection.

$map->{extent}->{minx} *still* gives me a nice planar value : 167053

What precisely does setProjection effect? The output image only? If so,
how do I specify an input extent? In the default projection only? I
*thought* the correct chain of operations was like this:

- Mapserver with default projection P1
- Given desired extent E1 in projection P2
  - $map->setProjection(P2)
  - $map->{extent} = E1
- Given that one wants output in projection P3
  - $map->setProjection(P3)
  - $map->draw()

So

1) how to I set the projection the output image will be generated in?
2) how do I specify an image extent, given that I am doing something
like 1) ?

Thanks,
Paul