[mapserver-users] perl mapscript documentation

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Oct 10 11:39:52 EDT 2001

Hi Enrico,
Unfortunately, the perl mapscript doco is now very very old. Also the
perl/python/tcl bindings maintained separately from the php bindings
have fallen behind the php bindings in terms of functionality. I have
found that, unfortunately, the only decent way to work with the perl
bindings is to have the mapscript.i file handy and the map.h file handy
to read the object attributes and methods available directly from the
source. Mind you, I am working on version 3.5 (CVS) and you might be
working with one of the older releases. Perhaps in my copious spare time
I will do up perl doco at some point, but in the meantime, "Use the
Source, Luke"